Wednesday 27 April 2016

"I learnt the term professionalism from my idol Ilaya Thalapathy Vijay", says Kalam lead Shrini



Actor Shrini who was well known for his substantial performances in Vennila kanadi kuzhu, Madarasapattinam, Vellore Mavattam, Thaandavam and Thalaiva is now turned as a lead actor through his upcoming supernatural thriller movie ‘Kalam’. His passion towards cinema made him join as an intern for Veteran director P Vasu; later Shrini worked as an assistant director for Sachin fame John Mahendran and late Mr.Jeeva. Only after his demise, he stepped into acting through Vennila Kabadi Kulu. “When I went to approach for an associate director post, I was picked up for acting and my assistant director experience did help initially to prepare for the new venture. My days on the sets of Thalaiva taught me plenty as I learnt the term professionalism from my idol Ilaya Thalapathy Vijay.

As a student of Loyola the biggest pride i had was being a student of the same college where Vijay Sir studied. Following his steps in the tinsel world i am determined enough to prove my credentials as an actor too. After all this is will be my ultimate tribute to my idol' beamed Shrini with pride. When I heard Kalam’s script, I felt something positive and at once I nodded yes! In Kalam the first instruction given for me was to be natural. The director insisted on the character being subtle and looks composed. The preview of the film had invoked plenty of confidence as the appreciations come pouring in.

The actor who plays as a Tantric in the movie confesses that he is eccentric towards fear of ghosts. “I have never watched a horror movie all alone or even looking at the screen from beginning to end. Working in this one had definitely taken that fear out of me (only for Kalam). I don't watch horror at all!” he giggles. “Rubbing shoulders with the emerging talents like the script writer Subish Chandran, Director Robert Raj, DOP Mukesh, Music director Prakash Nikki, is installing me plenty of confidence. I am thankful to producer P.K.Chandran for providing this opportunity. The biggest reward for any good film can get in the pre-release stage is to get a great banner releasing the film. We are thankful to Madhan sir of Escape Artiste Motion Pictures for providing us a big platform. Kalam a highly expected Horror-Thriller is all set to hit the screens on 29th April.


No comments:

Post a Comment