Friday 15 April 2016

Ko 2 Composer Leon James - A born Prodigy

‘K’ town is now filled with the most promising youngsters, especially in the field of Music. Leon James, the composer of KO 2 is a musician by birth. His father Noel James has worked with AR Rahman for years and quite naturally Leon started learning the keyboard at his fourth age. A Well-known guitarist and keyboardist Leon was brought to the limelight by Raghava Lawrence in his film Kanchana 2
And now his songs for Ko 2 have been topping the charts across FM stations. Be it the lyrics or tune the songs are distinctly different. Leon James, the music director of Ko 2, says, “Even though I have been a professional musician since 2009, composing film music was totally new to me. When producer Elred Kumar of R S infotainment offered Ko2  a political thriller to me,  I instantly agreed, as I wanted to explore a range of compositions on diverse themes. It was a big opportunity for me as a composer. I had a dream to collaborate with other musicians and bring in fresh talent and new instruments for which Ko 2 gave me the chance to do exactly that. Accordingly I have given my best in this movie and I feel really happy to know that the sound tracks have reached the audience positively”. The sound tracks are in the hit list of iTunes. Talking about that, "I am So glad that the KO 2 album has been topping the iTunes Charts! 
Worked day and night on the background scores for Ko2 trying to blend a 25 piece live string orchestra with modern synths and new age sounds. So I'm very excited about how it has turned out. I'm sure audience across the class and mass will enjoy the film," says the young and vibrant Leon James.

No comments:

Post a Comment